July 7, 2011

4th of July!!


I can't believe we just celebrated the fourth of July. It feels like just yesterday Alexa was making inappropriate comments at Grizzly Peak and we were getting slurpees after watching the fireworks!

We celebrated with the 4th one night early with some new friends. They have the most adorable house in downtown Clarksville right next to Austin Peay University. And their backyard was the perfect spot to watch the Clarksville fireworks that were set off from the river.

Stalker photo of Clay and Regina...

Andrew!

So cute!



People in our apartment complex, and the one right next to us bought a lot of fireworks. There have been fireworks stands all over the place. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night they set them off. I was starting to go a little batty from all the popping noises. Thankfully there was silence last night and I didn't have to try to convince Grant to go hurt any of our new neighbors.

Grant got a five day weekend because of the holiday and we spent lots of time relaxing by the pool. He likes to go to the pool, swim, lay out and come home. I want to go, read, stick my toes in, and tan some more. We're still working on a compromise...

Last night we had our friends Clay, Regina, and Eric over for dinner! It was so much fun and I think we all ate too much!


Since Grant has been working full days this week, I've been laying out by the pool enjoying an actual summer. All and all I still feel like I'm on vacation every time I go to the pool even though our apartment feels like home.

Caroline countdown: 21 hours!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...