July 20, 2011

I'm Employed!

Most of you know that moving to TN was a piece of cake compared to the process of transferring my teaching credentials.

Last Tuesday I finally received my final Praxis score...and I passed! So that morning I printed off the results and took them to the district office. Then I waited...and waited...I'm not sure who was more antsy between Grant and I.

But yesterday I finally received an email requesting a phone interview. Yesterday I had my phone interview with the district and today my application was released to the principals at the schools with special education openings.

At 12:50pm today I received a call asking me to come in for an interview at 2:30pm. So I showed up for my interview where I got to meet the principal and both assistant principals. I felt like the interview went really well and I loved the people I met.

By 4 oclock I was home anxiously awaiting any information since they told me I would hear within the next few days.

At 4:30 they called and asked for summer numbers for my references.

At 5:30 Grant and I were in the car when the phone rang...they offered me the job!

I am officially the newest Special Education Language! teacher for the district!!

I could not be more excited. The school is pretty much brand new, the administrators are wonderful, I get my own classroom, and I get to teach an amazing program that is really going to help these kids develop their reading skills!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...