August 13, 2011

Survived Week 1!

I know we haven't posted in a while...it's been pretty crazy around here. I've been sick for the past couple of weeks and officially reported to work on the 3rd! West Creek is in its third year and there are lots of new and young teachers. I've met some really nice people and my classroom is all set up.

Caitlin and Ted stopped by while they were driving across the country on their way to Brown and Boston College. They spent the night with us and we went to sushi and enjoyed some trash tv. The next night Scooter arrived for the weekend! Caroline drove up from Memphis and we all had dinner at Edward's. They spent the night in Nashville and the next morning Grant's family arrived (minus Kayt who is already back at school!). It was so great to see them all and we've become masters of the Clarksville/Fort Campbell tour.

That Friday was my first half day of school and it's definitely different than Campo. I have a lot of really nice students and a few more that will keep me on my toes. They're getting used to the amount of writing I am going to expect from them and some of them are actually really enjoying it :)

Grant and I are officially exhausted all the time from working so much. Getting up at five in the morning means that we go to bed around seven-thirty. I have to get a bunch of work done this weekend but we will be spending the rest of the weekend by the pool!

Mom arrives Tuesday and will be here through Sunday and then Auntie Dora and Jim will be visiting Julie, Grant, and I Sunday through Wednesday.

It's back to living for the weekends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...