September 15, 2011

Working my way through all these new ideas...

Today I took my first omega-3 pill so hopefully that will kick into my system in the next few days. Not sure exactly what it is supposed to do, there is lots of research out there saying it can do lots of things; but there is some research supporting the use of omega 3 in patients with arthritis and other joint pain. So hopefully it will help in a week or so!

I tried to start the gluten free diet, but that has proved to be problematic because they supplement most gluten free products with potato flour/starch. I can't have any of that since I am allergic to potatoes. I have emailed my doctor about this and am waiting to hear back. At this point I am going to work on limiting my gluten intake. I found brown rice pasta at Trader Joe's yesterday. Last night I made homemade meat sauce and let it simmer for a few hours. Then I took a pyrex pan and layered pasta, sauce, pasta, sauce. After that I put it in the oven (which was on broil) to let the top get crispy on broil. It was like a dairy free lasagna! There were lots of leftovers so I had it for lunch today!

Today I am dealing with the repercussions of a long morning in Nashville yesterday and helping lead Youth Group last night. So I'm still in pajamas. But did manage to bake chocolate chip cookies.

We use the Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. They are free of the top 8 allergens as well as a few other things including potatoes!! They taste exactly like chocolate chips and no one can ever tell the difference. We like to freeze them and then eat them as they defrost. Then they taste just like cookie dough!

The CA trip next week has been canceled so I can keep working through this new treatment plan but I will still be home in October!

98 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...