October 23, 2011

army ball + foot.

This weekend was filled with lots of army activities. I was scared about how my body would handle the schedule of events; but the new dosages seem to be helping a lot, and towards the end of this week, I finally felt an inkling of improvement. Let's hope that this busy weekend hasn't thrown me off this recent recovery course!

Friday night was the Currahee Grand Ball to celebrate the brigade's return home from their most recent deployment to Afghanistan. It was at the Gaylord Opry Hotel in Nashville. What Grant and I discovered is that this hotel is MASSIVE. MASSIVE is actually quite the understatement. Getting lost in this hotel is not uncommon. But we finally made our way to the Delta Ballroom and had lots of fun seeing everyone all dressed up!


At dinner, I asked one of the waiters if he could put my Boost drink on ice (meaning...put it in the freezer for a few minutes) and this is what happened...


Saturday Army was playing Vanderbilt so we had lunch with Ryan, Haley, Steve and Melissa before heading over to tailgate with their fellow West Point grads in the parking garage. We even managed to stay well into the third quarter before deciding to opt out of the cold for dinner at PF Changs. It was a great weekend with great friends; but Grant and I are both exhausted and had a nice lazy Sunday to recuperate.

More pictures to come...Melissa and Haley took most of the pictures on their cameras!

www.lifeasgriki.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...