October 30, 2011

Doctors...Halloween...Wicked...and Gordie's Birthday!!!

I've been extremely frustrated with my doctors lately. Mostly with my body, but it's easier to blame the doctors. I feel like we're making some progress with the new medication, and I've been feeling a little bit better, but then I'll have another episode and it feels like we move back to square one of the flare-up. I was feeling like my doctors had given up and just labeled me with CFS. While Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a very real disease, I still felt like my doctors were missing something. Some of my symptoms still were not being explained and it didn't make sense why the treatments we've been trying haven't been helping me make more progress. But after talking with my doctor at the Integrative Health Center, it looks like we may have pinpointed the actual cause of my CFS. I'm seeing some more doctors this week so stay tuned for more details...

Friday mom dropped our wedding invitations in the mail. We could not be more excited for how quickly December is approaching! If your invitation hasn't arrived yet, it should be there by Tuesday at the latest!!!

Friday we went to a Halloween party. Everyone knows that Halloween is my least favorite holiday of the year. It's scary, and creepy, and pretty much just an excuse to have girls dress up with as little clothing as possible.

This year Grant and I went as Phil and Clair Dunphy while our friends Haley and Ryan went as love children...side note: Haley and Ryan our moving to our apartment complex and we are SO EXCITED to have them closer-Nashville is too far away!


Last night, Grant and I went to see Wicked at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center. Grant had never seen a musical before and has spent the past several months complaining about how he HATES musicals and how he really did not want to go...



But the show was AMAZING. The leads were fantastic and I was once again reminded why I love the Wizard of Oz and why Wicked is my favorite musical. This morning Grant rolled over and said "You were right. It was a great show." I can't think of anything else I would have rather heard.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to GORDIE! He turns 20 today and is celebrating with a week in Italy while studying at the University of Manchester this semester. Can't believe how old you are!!

53 days until the GRIKI wedding!

lifeasgriki.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...