January 16, 2012

GRIKI Wedding: Reception #2

We loved our wedding reception. So we decided to have another one. Unfortunately, at this one, all our friends and family from California were missing...and Niall wasn't our DJ...and my parents didn't foot the bill. But we made do and got to celebrate again with lots of our friends that make up our family here in Clarksville!!


I was really worried about not having enough desserts...but by the end of the night I was making people take goodie bags home filled with treats and still have the angel food cake to take to book club tomorrow night!


And while I did technically bake all of these desserts...they all came from a box mix. Most of which my mom found so I could have allergy safe options! But I did come up with one creation on my own...


I took over-sized toothpicks and put two marshmallows on each one. Then I made of batch of Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Frosting. I dipped each stick in and then sprinkled the frosting with chocolate chips. I called them "Ants on a Log" If I made them again I think I would coat one marshmallow with the frosting and chocolate chips and then put it on a graham cracker to serve as a mini smore!

Overall it has been a great, relaxing four day weekend thanks to some unexpected snow. We met with my cardiologist today who was pleased with the progress I've been making on the beta blocker and tomorrow I meet with a new allergist to discuss some possible causes of my POTS...

4 days until Grant's foot surgery...

Less than 3 weeks until Allison's here...

2 more family trips booked (Gordon and Mom in March!)

And 1 more trip in the works! (Lindsay and Scott!!)

The next few months are going to fly by...maybe I really will survive a winter here...but lately we've both been pretty homesick for some California sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...