May 14, 2012

Another Bookworm Post!

I read lots more books this week while subbing!

1. Hunger Games 2 and 3 by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, Book 2) 

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, Book 3)

Bottom line. This series was totally overrated.  I had to skim through the third one to even finish reading it.  Skip this trilogy and read the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy instead.

2. The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts
The Last Boyfriend: Book Two of the Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy (The Inn Trilogy)

This book is the second book in the Boonsboro Trilogy series by Nora Roberts.  Mom picked the first book up at Target one day and I love this story! The characters and town are adorable and the book is a quick read!

3. Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
Girls in White Dresses (Vintage Contemporaries)

I had high hopes about this book based on how cute the cover is. However, I was really disappointed in the way the story was written.  It's disjointed and appears to be a collection of short stories almost; although the characters do carry throughout the entire book.  It's a quick read, but not one of my favorites.

4. The First Husband by Laura Dave
 The First Husband: A Novel

I read this book in less than one school day.  Definitely a quick pool read.  But I loved the story.  It was cute and kept me engaged the whole time! Plus, how adorable is the cover.  A must read this summer.

The book I'm reading right now is going to change my life...can't wait to share it soon!!

1 comment:

  1. I am a total book nerd too! I loved the 1st book of the Hunger Games because it was such a page turner and I liked the character development, but the whole third book was such a struggle to get through that it made me feel completely disappointed with the series. I'm excited to read some of the books you recommended. My kindle has been in need of something new. :]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...