September 11, 2012

11 years later.

11 years ago, I was a high school freshman sleeping in because Tuesday mornings still meant late days.  It's hard to believe how much my life has changed since then, and how much that one day is still a very huge part of my life.

My sister's facebook status pretty much sums it up: " -->I have been reading different statuses and posts all day about what today means. I have struggled with what I wanted to say. I realized that 11 years have gone by and we have become callus to the emotions felt on that day. Although I was young, I recognized then that my life would never be the same. I am eternally grateful to the men and women of our armed forces and feel especially proud of the soldiers I personally know. Thank you for risking your lives to defend the freedom of this country."

Never in a million years did I think that the US Army would be playing such a huge role in my life as the one it is right now.  Nor did I know at the time what the acronyms ACUs, FRG, or PCS stood for...

Feeling pretty blessed to have such an awesome husband playing soldier by day and sleeping next to me at night.


The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
September 11, 2001
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...