September 6, 2012

Theta for a Lifetime

Tonight I had the Theta Administrative Focus Group over for dinner and a meeting! This is my second year as the Theta Administrative Advisor for the Alpha Eta Chapter at Vanderbilt University and my fourth year serving as a Theta Advisor.  The first two years I was the Panhellenic Advisor for the Omega Chapter at the University of California, Berkeley.  I spend most of my time communicating with these ladies through email so I thought it would be nice to switch things up a bit by having an actual in person meeting.  Plus, I remember what it was like to be in college and have to cook for yourself every night, so I hoped they would like a change of pace!  

We all know how much I love setting a table and entertaining...plus I don't usually light ALL the candles each night when Grant and I have dinner, usually just some of them.

 

For dinner I made the Barefoot Contessa Pesto Pasta Salad (K-safe version of course! made with homemade pesto) and a Butter Leaf Lettuce Salad.  It was yummy and we even ended up with some leftovers for tomorrow!

And of course I had to serve a delicious Trader Joe's Vanilla Pound Cake 
with melted chocolate and sprinkles for dessert!

 

Another Advisory Board member sent me this photo and it was so cute I had to share!  This is the sign that hung outside the Theta house at the College of Charleston for Fall 2012 Recruitment.

 

I've really enjoyed continuing to be an active Theta this way and without joining the Omicron Advisory Board, Allison and I would never have met.  And that just would have been sad.  Because no one should have to make pizza, drink wine, and watch chick flicks alone. 

Although being a member of the Advisory Board does make me feel old, I love it.  Honestly, I like it better than being an active member in college.  It's been a huge part of my life the past four years and has definitely had a profound impact on my life.  Between graduating college, finding a career, changing friends, and moving across the country to join the love of my life, Theta has been one of the few consistent things over the past several years.  I hope that by serving on the Board, I'm able to give back to Theta a little bit of what it's given me.  Are you Greek?  What are you doing to stay active and help out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...