October 13, 2012

Day 13: Medical Information Sheet

On Day 10, I wrote about my food allergies and the awesome chef card that allows me to go out to eat.  I wear a medical alert bracelet and if you have food allergies, POTS, or another form of dysautonomia (not to mention any other medical condition where you may become unconscious!) you should wear one too! I always order mine from American Medical ID.  They have lots of great options and a million styles to fit every personality.

But.  I have a problem.  I have too many allergies/specifics to fit on my bracelet.  So I carry a medical information sheet in my wallet.  And while I would LOVE to share mine with you…I do value someeeee privacy on the internet.  So instead, I’ll just share all my categories, and you can use them to create your own!

Here you go!

Patient:  Your name goes here
Sex:
DOB:

**Wears Medical Alert Bracelet**                                        **Carries Epi-Pen**

Medicine Currently Taking:
List what you are taking, how often you take it, and how much you take.

Drug Allergies:
This section is probably the most important section! All the drugs I’m allergic to don’t fit on my bracelet so I can detail them here!

Food Allergies:
         My list is pretty extensive…

Allergic reaction tends to present itself in the following ways:
My allergic reaction doesn’t present itself in a ‘typical’ fashion.  So I list what my allergist told me to say here.

Appropriate Treatment:
See Anaphylaxis Plan (I have another sheet in my wallet that my allergist wrote that details how they should treat my allergic reactions in the ER)

Allergist:
This is important because of my food allergies.  It may be more important to list your cardiologist.  Or maybe you want to list both!                

Other Medical History:
Here is the place to list POTS, surgeries, co-existing conditions, etc.

Emergency Contacts:
I list my husband and my mom here with all possible contact numbers!

Disclaimer: While I am sharing information I have researched, read about, and found to be helpful myself, I am not a doctor and all decisions regarding your own personal treatment should be discussed with your own doctors.  Remember, I am just a patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...