October 16, 2012

Day 16: Staying Open to Living Outside of the Box

This sounds like a simple thing.  But we live in a world where western, modern medicine is mainstream and our go-to.  And that’s what I’m comfortable with.

When my primary care in Clarksville first sent me to the Integrative Health Center at Vanderbilt, I was more than a little hesitant to go.  But at that point, I was willing to try anything.

So off I went to try supplements, new diets, pool therapy, health psychology, and even a witch doctor.  Ok, she wasn’t really a witch doctor.  But she dealt with ions and tapping to measure the levels of x, y and z in your body.  I made Paige go with me and we both had to hold back the chuckles at multiple points.  She thought I had chronic lyme disease.  From what I’ve heard, this seems to be the diagnosis everyone gets from her.  But it was an experience and something else to check off the list.

It was my experience as a patient at the Integrative Health Center that led me to the correct diagnosis.  So I’ll chalk this one up as a success.

What have you been willing to try to feel better?

Disclaimer: While I am sharing information I have researched, read about, and found to be helpful myself, I am not a doctor and all decisions regarding your own personal treatment should be discussed with your own doctors.  Remember, I am just a patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...