October 17, 2012

Day 17: The Power of Prayer

Sometimes all you can do is pray.  Sometimes the doctors can’t figure it out.  And none of the research seems to match your symptoms.  And even WedMD and Wikipedia don’t have any ideas. 

This overwhelming feeling of hopelessness tends to come at night when I’m the most tired and everything is aching.  We’ve had nights when nothing we can think of seems to make me feel better.  Nights where Grant has to get up earlier than usual for work and really needs sleep.  And even nights where the on call cardiologist is only filled with ridiculous suggestions that make no sense at all.  All you can do is pray that morning comes quickly and that God will take care of the rest.

Disclaimer: While I am sharing information I have researched, read about, and found to be helpful myself, I am not a doctor and all decisions regarding your own personal treatment should be discussed with your own doctors.  Remember, I am just a patient.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...