October 19, 2012

Day 19: That One Guy From The Wiggles...


 

 Ok, even if you aren't a Wiggles fan you should read this blog post..

Did anyone see the April 2, 2012 issue of People magazine? Well you should check it out because there's an article about the Yellow Wiggle, Greg Page. He was sick for a while and actually had to take a five year break from the Wiggles because he was so sick. Doctors finally diagnosed him as having Orthostatic Intolerance which is very similar/basically the same thing as my diagnosis of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. If you're interested, here's the press release the Wiggles released November 30, 2006 announcing his leave. Who knew?!  This invisible illness impacts the lives of so many people.  I think it's really great when people who are public figures are able to speak up, and speak out to bring awareness.  Here's the press release the Wiggles released January 18, 2012 announcing Greg's return to the group.

Greg writes about his experience on the Dysautonomia Youth Network of America Website here.

I previously discussed this topic on March 26, 2012.

Disclaimer: While I am sharing information I have researched, read about, and found to be helpful myself, I am not a doctor and all decisions regarding your own personal treatment should be discussed with your own doctors.  Remember, I am just a patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...