October 23, 2012

Day 23: Stay at Home Date Ideas

Sometimes POTS shows up and we have to stay at home. 

Here are our top 5 go-to stay at home date ideas:

1. Homemade pizza and a movie

Grant loves pizza.  It’s probably his favorite food.  Along with candy bars.  But I can’t have dairy so that limits our ability to ever order pizza.  We stock up on Trader Joe’s ready to bake pizza dough and I make a big batch of tomato sauce every 6 months.  So when we feel like pizza we just pull them out of the freezer and each make our own.  I cook mine first so that we don’t have any allergy issues in the oven.  And we end up with pizza for the next few meals!  Pizza and a movie is a great date night in or out of the house.

2. Trashy TV Nights

I love trashy reality tv.  LOVE IT.  And Grant is a really great sport.  We definitely have our list of shows that we watch every week.  But sometimes, Grant will even watch one of his least favorite with me if I’m really whiny and not feeling well.  Our most recent example: The RHONJ reunion show.  He doesn’t understand how I can watch a show where the women are constantly screaming over one another.  However, he did get slightly interested when Rosie threatened to kill Theresa and Joe got asked about the alleged cheating…

3. Wii

I have a love-hate relationship with our wii.  It’s great when Grant and I want to have a night in or when we’re entertaining.  However, if my POTS is really being a pain in my @$$ then it’s a little problematic—so play this one by ear.  But it’s fun, sometimes you get a little exercise, and always brings out our competitive sides!

4. Puzzles

Grant and I love puzzles.  We discovered they were a common interest shortly after we moved to Tennessee.  They are perfect for a rainy day, or just a day when I’m feeling under the weather.  We tend to finish puzzles quickly because we’re both so type A we hate to see an unfinished puzzle sitting on the coffee table.

5. Music and hot drinks

We both like the same music.  Well actually, I like the music Grant likes.  Sometimes he likes the music I like.  SOMETIMES.  We both actually love our Keurig too.  I love peppermint tea and he loves the chai latte and apple cider.  On more than one occasion we’ll turn on the keurig, put on some music, and then wake up several hours later with the music still on and our drinks now cold.

What are your go-to stay at home date ideas?

Disclaimer: While I am sharing information I have researched, read about, and found to be helpful myself, I am not a doctor and all decisions regarding your own personal treatment should be discussed with your own doctors.  Remember, I am just a patient.

2 comments:

  1. We play lots of games too - cards, scrabble!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netflix streamed movie and a yummy meal with fresh ingredients from Trader Joe's. We also love playing games...Wii, board games, card games, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...