October 28, 2012

Day 28: If I Looked as Bad as I Feel I Would Scare Your Children...


What does it mean to have an invisible illness?  

 It means that no one can see how sick you really feel.  
 It means that bad days can look like good days.   
It means that it can seem like you are picking and choosing what you want to do, while using your illness as an excuse.   

But for someone with an invisible illness, 
it means constantly fighting an uphill battle.   
It means we have to talk about our illness more 
because no one can see it. 

 Awareness is key to finding a cure (or in this case, all the causes too!).  
 Spread awareness.  Have a conversation with someone.   
Support those who are sick, 
even though you may not be able to see how sick they truly are.

There is a website dedicated to invisible illness week: www.invisibleillnessweek.com
This year the week was observed from September 10th to the 16th.  
I wrote about it here.

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle”

Disclaimer: While I am sharing information I have researched, read about, and found to be helpful myself, I am not a doctor and all decisions regarding your own personal treatment should be discussed with your own doctors.  Remember, I am just a patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...