November 2, 2012

Day 2: What's the Weirdest Thing About Your Health?

describe the image



WEGO Health is providing the pompts and I'll be writing the posts.  The entire month of November I will be blogging with WEGO Health to continue to spread awareness about POTS.

Day 2: What's the Weirdest Thing About Your Health?

It's unpredictable.

I can be feeling totally fine one second, and the next second I'm dizzy, flushing, and have a fever.  It can happen at anytime, and be triggered by lots of different things.  That's the part about POTS that makes it so challenging.  We have to plan for everything while possibly planning for nothing at all.

Last month I wrote about this a few times:
Changes of Plans
Living at my own Pace 
POTS Always Seems to Sneak in my Suitcase... 
Stay at Home Date Ideas
Staying Open to Living Outside the Box

Grant and I are both extremely type-A.  But with POTS, we just go with the flow.  We can't sweat the small stuff.  Especially since sometimes the small stuff doesn't show up.  Some illnesses are predictable.  Some illnesses have monitors that tell you when things will happen.  Sure, my POTS has certain triggers.  But the weather can make my body have a POTS episode.  And if the weatherman can't get it right, how am I supposed to?

What's the weirdest thing about your health?

Disclaimer: While I am sharing information I have researched, read about, and found to be helpful myself, I am not a doctor and all decisions regarding your own personal treatment should be discussed with your own doctors.  Remember, I am just a patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...