December 19, 2013

Miss Marilyn is ONE Month Old!

Marley is One Month Old!

How old are you?
One month old

Do you have any nicknames?
Tiny Munchkin, Elf, Angry Elf

What makes you happy?
- Snuggles- I'm very cuddly!
- My bunny- He's the best!
- Holding my own bottle- When will Mommy and Daddy realize I'm a big girl?!

What makes you sad?
- Being hot- Got this trait from Daddy.
- Cold feet- Got this trait from Mommy.
- Stop lights and/or traffic- I have places to go and people to see!
- Wet diapers- Enough said.

What is your favorite animal?
Stuffed- My bunny
Real- My doggies Kato and Mango

What is your favorite thing to eat?
Formula. Preferably nice and warm- don't get lazy Mom and Dad.

What is your favorite thing to do?
Hang out on the sofa and stare at the lights on the Christmas tree! So sparkly.

What is your favorite song?
Big Bang Theory Theme by Barenaked Ladies

If I'm crying just because I'm a little fussy and Mommy and Daddy play the song, I immediately stop crying.  Sometimes I'll even put myself to sleep.

What is your favorite TV show?
The Big Bang Theory (see above- duh!)

What are you really good at?
Sleeping, snuggling, smiling, tummy time.

What is your favorite movie?
Any Christmas Movie. There's not a lot of variety in this house right now.

What is your favorite color?
Pink, then Teal--probably with polka dots.

Who is your best friend?
My doggie Mango. She gives the best kisses.

What do you and mom do together?
Snuggle, play with my stuffed animals, go for walks and other adventures.

What do you and dad do together?
Make silly faces, have deep conversations, fly like superwoman on Daddy's shoulder.

What is your favorite sport?
Soccer. Daddy and I watch it every weekend together.

Where is your favorite place to go?
Grandma and Grandpa's house

What is your favorite book?
'Twas the Night Before Christmas

What do you think about before you fall asleep?
I like to multitask and make sure all my ducks are in a row before bed. Must be the type-A personality I got from Mommy and Daddy.  I always sway my head side to side and start to breath a little faster like I'm checking things off the to-do list.  Once I've got all the important stuff taken care of I get nice and calm so I can drift off to sleep.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I'm not sure yet, I have the whole world at my finger tips! And my fingers are pretty long so I can reach a lot...

Wow. Where did the last month go?! I feel like it was just yesterday that Grant and I were walking and walking and walking trying to get Marley to start moving out!  She's absolutely the best!  We love the snuggles and smiles.  She's sleeping like a champ.  Usually she sleeps 8 to 8 and a half hours, then wakes up to eat 5 oz, then falls back asleep for another couple of hours.  Once or twice a week we'll get a 4 or 5 hour stretch and then she'll wake up to eat.  We are feeling very, very blessed and keep praying that this trend continues.  She came out of womb holding her head up and she LOVES to look around and see what's all around her.  She's so observant and already soaking up everything.  Trips to Grandma and Grandpa's house are her favorite---minus a few wailing episodes in the car.  She loves spending time with Kato and Mango.  Marley doesn't even flinch when they bark--must be from hearing them in the womb.  She loves kisses from Mango and smiles each time Mango lands one on her baby chub (or the lips...).  Marley is so expressive.  We get lots of smiles and every so often she becomes quite the Angry Elf.  She's got a flair for the dramatic with the hand flips and has been known to try and topple her body to the side while you're burping her to get you to feed her faster.  She has the determination and desire to hold her own bottle but we're still working on the arm strength.  We couldn't have asked for a better start to our life with this sweet little girl.  Can't wait to see what the next month holds for us!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! I love that it is in little Marley's voice! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...