January 19, 2014

Miss Marilyn is TWO Months Old!

Marley is Two Months Old!


How old are you?
Two months old (but wearing 6-9 month clothes!)

Do you have any nicknames?
Tiny Munchkin, Marzipan (Daddy calls me this), Precious (Grandpa calls me this)

What makes you happy?
- Silly faces--I smile back and JUST started laughing. Who knew I could get even cuter?!
- My bouncy seats with activity bars.
- Recognizing people when they walk in the room! I have so many friends.

What makes you sad?
- Being hot- I wailed on Christmas Eve after they put me in my reindeer fleece. So NOT cool.
- Being wet- Mom and Dad are getting faster, but I let them know if I'm wet and they haven't noticed yet. 

What is your favorite animal?
- Still Mr. Bunny. He goes everywhere with me.  Mom keeps trying to force me to take a paci. I only oblige sometimes; I'd much rather stuff Mr. Bunny's ears or mouth in my own mouth during a car ride.
- Hedgehog and Raccoon at Grandma's house.  They hang from the bar on my bouncy seat and we have great conversations together.

What is your favorite thing to eat?
Formula.  Although this whole solid food thing looks pretty interesting since I get to sit in my high chair at Grandma and Grandpa's house now that I'm a big girl! 

What is your favorite thing to do?
Kick my ball. These people seem pretty thrilled that I'm so great at kicking the ball.  Something about having natural soccer skills...

What is your favorite song?
Mom says I really enjoy the organ at church.  I fell asleep right away during both Christmas Eve church and at my baptism.  Mom and Dad also made a Barenaked Ladies Pandora station.  I'm a big fan of one hit wonders from the 90's--clearly my parent's daughter.

What is your favorite TV show?
Soccer. Daddy, Uncle Gordie, and Grandpa keep trying to let me watch it with them.  Mommy and Grandma aren't too sure that's a good idea, but no one tries to make me sleep so I'm ok with it for now.

What are you really good at?
Smiling! I'm a very happy girl.  And sleeping.  Mommy and Daddy say I'm a GREAT sleeper.  They FINALLY let me out of that Rock n' Play and now I get my own crib in my own room.  A little peace and quiet around here...and some privacy.  About time.  Now I just say my to do list out loud and sometimes even fall asleep on my own.

What is your favorite movie?
Raffi in Concert.  That man has some pretty sweet tunes. 

What is your favorite color?
Pink! Although Dad keeps trying to put me in this yellow Arsenal jersey.  I (and Mom) keep telling him that the red jersey is really more my color but he doesn't listen.

Who is your best friend?
Mommy.  Lately I've been all about Mommy time. 

What do you and mom do together?
We read stories together and go for lots of walks.  I love when she comes to get me in the morning and I always greet her with a BIG smile.

What do you and dad do together?
We make faces together.  Daddy is SO funny.  He tickles my chin and sticks his tongue out and I smile for days.  He's the best!

What is your favorite sport?
Soccer! I love kicking my ball and wearing my Arsenal jersey.  Although I keep hearing chatter about something called the Olympics.  And Mom let me watch some ice skating the other day.  I was pretty fascinated by all the spinning.

Where is your favorite place to go?
Anywhere outside! I love the fresh air and usually the stroller lulls me to sleep.

What is your favorite book?
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom...will there be enough room?!

What do you think about before you fall asleep?
Freedom. Lately Mom and Dad have started forgetting to swaddle me every night. I keep thinking that they'll remember and try to trap me in that potato sack again, but until then, I'll keep fist pumping before bed.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.  But I can tell you that I definitely do NOT want to be a nurse. Mom and Dad took me to the office for my two month check up and that awful lady made me take off all my clothes.  It was freezing cold and I felt completely exposed.  The nice doctor came in and told Mom and Dad how wonderful I am; but I cried because I knew something was going to happen.  The doctor left and the nurse came back.  Then she stuck me. With a needle.  Three times.  And made me drink this awful potion.  Mom cried and Dad held me while she poked me.  It was traumatic for all of us.  Definitely crossing nurse off the potential career list.


I can't believe Marley is already two months old! With all the Christmas festivities it feels like this month flew by even faster than the last.  She was a real trooper with all the chaos and loved all the snuggles from different family members.  She's still sleeping like a champ! She usually goes down between 8:30 and 9:30 and will sleep until 5:30 or 6.  She'll wake up, eat 6 oz and then go back to sleep for another three hours.  Every night we say a little prayer that this pattern will continue!  This month she's definitely settled into a routine which has made her an even easier baby than before.  She wakes up, plays, eats, and is asleep about two hours after she wakes up.  She takes an hour long nap and then wakes up to play and eat again.  Then it's down for a much longer nap in the afternoon before she's up again.  Usually there is more food and a quick one hour nap before playtime.  And then she's down for the night.  Marley and I have spent lots of time walking this month trying to soak up all of the unusual sunshine!  She's babbling lots and loves making faces with everyone.  However, this month has been filled with a lot of stranger danger and she really just prefers to stick close to me lately.  She still LOVES Mango and Kato and smiles each time she sees them!  We love all the snuggles she gives and can't wait to see how she develops this next month!

2 comments:

  1. She is so stinkin' cute! I love seeing her bunny in pictures with her. That is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mom and Dad took me to the office for my two month check up and that awful lady made me take off all my clothes. It was freezing cold and I felt completely exposed." I am crying I'm laughing so hard right now Kingsley!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...