February 19, 2014

Miss Marilyn is THREE Months Old!

Marley is Three Months Old!

  
How old are you?
Three months old (but wearing 6-9 month clothes!)

Do you have any nicknames?
Munchkin, Munch

What makes you happy?
- Story time and morning snuggles in Mom and Dad's bed!
- The magical box with lights (TV)

What makes you sad?
- Not a whole lot these days.  But I know how to work the pouty lip to get what I want.  I've even mastered the fake cry.  The fall for it every single time.

What is your favorite animal?
- Still Mr. Bunny. He goes everywhere with me.
- Mr. Hippo is a nighttime favorite.  He lives in Mom and Dad's room.  I guess they decided they were lonely and got a new roommate after I moved out.  It's ok, he's a pretty snuggly guy.  I even let him stay during story time each night.  He gives really great hugs.

What is your favorite thing to eat?
My fists! Yum, yum, yum.  Mom says I get to try real food when I turn four months old. I'm so excited.  I just keep seeing everyone else eat lots of delicious food and I can't wait to try some!

What is your favorite thing to do?
Talk.  All month long I've been talking up a storm.  I have so much to say!  Mom and Dad call my gibber jabber "Dinosaur noises" and they just think I'm the cutest girl around.

What is your favorite song?
Any song that Mom and Dad make up...
"Hey hippo do your dance, do your dance, do your dance. 
Hey hippo wave your arms, wave your arms, wave your arms.  
Hey hippo kick your feet, kick your feet, kick your feet. 
Hey hippo swing those hips, swing those hips, swings those hips..."

What is your favorite TV show?
HGTV is a favorite.  Those people have some great decorating ideas.  I'm hoping to convince Grandma to let me watch some more TV during the day.  Mom and Dad always turn the box off!  I also really enjoy facetiming.  Mom has this little TV that she turns on so I can see Uncle Gordie!

What are you really good at?
Sleeping! I'm sleeping through the night now.  Mom and Dad seem pretty thrilled about this.  I just like having happy dreams!  I even put myself to sleep at nap time now.  I seem to get extra bonus points around here for doing that!

What is your favorite movie?
No movies this month...just THE OLYMPICS.  oomygosh...they're better than the movies! Ice Skating is my favorite...all the spinning makes me shake my head back and forth.

What is your favorite color?
Mom's been introducing me to a lot of coral.  Coral and teal have been a fav combo this month.  Although, I've been wearing a lot of red, white, and blue around here with the Olympics, Arsenal games, and Valentines Day.

Who is your best friend?
Grandma! Now that Mom's back at work, I get to spend all day with Grandma and my favorite doggies Kato and Mango! 

What do you and mom do together?
We take selfies.  I like to mimic Mom's face.

What do you and dad do together?
We giggle. LOTS. He always knows how to make me laugh.  He also puts me to sleep every night after story time.  It's our special time together.

What is your favorite sport?
Volleyball.  I've already mastered the art of spiking my ball across the room and I love swatting everything I can get my hands on.

Where is your favorite place to go?
Home. Walking through the door after a long day at Grandma and Grandpa's house I just light up! There's no place like home.

What is your favorite book?
These Dr. Seuss books are pretty amazing.  Mom and Dad have to think SO HARD about all the tongue twisters.  It's the best thing EVER! I spend the whole time kicking my legs and waving arms! I even try to read along with them. Fox in Socks is my favorite.

What do you think about before you fall asleep?
My delicious fists.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A writer or an artist.  I wrote/drew Dad the most wonderful card for Valentine's Day.  Sorry Mom, your cards just don't cut it anymore.  I haven't decided if I would call it a letter or a drawing--I'm not a huge fan of labels just yet.  I definitely have a creative side. Mixed in with a lot of Mom and Dad's type A focus and determination of course.






Month 3 was huge for us.  All of a sudden things seem to have gotten so much easier.  We know her cries by now and her nervous system seems to have settled down.  She was already an easy-going baby but now she puts herself to sleep both at nap time and bed time.  She' still our sweet, sensitive little girl.  She's happy almost all the time but really needs her personal time to decompress.  She doesn't like to be too hot, too cold, too wet, or too hungry.  She doesn't like to be overstimulated or playing with any one toy for too long.  She's pretty good at going with the flow and has adapted well to Mom going back to work.  She loves laying on one of her fleece blankets and anuggling with either Mr. Bunny or Mr. Hippo.  This month, she's even embraced wearing only a diaper as long as she can lay on her blanket and snuggle with an animal. She's super chatty--especially at nighttime.  Can't believe it's already been three months!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable AS ALWAYS!! She seems like such a good baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so stinkin' cute! And growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...