August 20, 2014

Miss Marilyn is NINE Months Old!

Marley is Nine Months Old!

 How old are you?
  Nine months old (but wearing 18-24 month clothes!)

Do you have any nicknames?
All the same--more consistently responding to my name!

What makes you happy?
Water!!

What makes you sad?
Being forced to take a nap when there are more exciting things to do.

What is your favorite animal?
Mango and Kato are my favorite animals.  Now that Mom is back at work, we get to spend our days together. Soon enough I think they'll start sharing their food.  Or maybe I'll just share mine.

What is your favorite thing to eat?
CHEESE.  Shredded mozzarella is the most delicious thing in the whole world.

What is your favorite thing to do?
Standing up.  Why would anyone sit down when they can STAND UP?!

What is your favorite song?
Anything by Raffi. That man has some wonderful concerts on DVD.  I'm not sure how I would have survived rain, a cold, and a new tooth in Tahoe without those soothing tunes.

What is your favorite TV show?
Anything that Mom's watching between the hours of 8:30 and 10:30pm.  Sometimes I wake up and cry and cry and cry until she caves and lets me snuggle for a few minutes in bed with her.

What are you really good at?
Crawling and standing up. 

What is your favorite movie?
No movies this month!

What is your favorite color?
I've been going for all my green toys lately.  But for clothing options I mostly stick with pink or blue.

Who is your best friend?
Daddy.  I'm always reaching for him.

What do you and mom do together?
We love to play hide and seek when I'm in my pack n play.

What do you and dad do together?
Daddy helps me get ready for bed each night!

What is your favorite sport?
Playing tug of war.

Where is your favorite place to go?
Anywhere I can crawl to by myself. I'm an I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T woman.

What is your favorite book?
Moo, Ba, La, La, La.  I love turning the pages by myself when we read books.

What do you think about before you fall asleep?
Cheese. I really love cheese.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A hoarder.  Some of you may have seen how Mom outed my on social media earlier this week.  I really believe it's important to start collecting nice things at an early age so that I can sell them as antiques later on. Obviously Mom and Dad don't appreciate the value of a delicious paci...

 I can't believe Marley is already NINE months old.  In the last month our baby girl has practically turned into a toddler.  She's crawling like a speed demon and pulling herself up whenever the opportunity presents itself (or when she can create an opportunity).  Every so often she'll even stand independently if we're close enough by that she feels safe.  She's babbling constantly and says da-da-da all the time.  She's the sweetest baby you'll ever meet unless you're keeping water from her or asking her to go to sleep--then we see her little temper flair and the dramatics come out.  She's giving great hugs and doing a great job of feeding herself.  The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind.  We took our first family vacation to Tahoe where Marley promptly sat her little butt down in the lake and wanted to touch the wet sand.  Our Saint Mary's babysitter started and Marley adores her.  And I went back to work for the new school year.  Fall is picking up full steam already and we can't wait to see how Marley continues to grow over this next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...