July 27, 2015

baby griki 2 update: weeks 1-13




So far this pregnancy has been flying by.  Marley keeps us busy with minimal time for me to think about feeling sick.  I knew pretty early on I was pregnant and thankfully we were living in our own home...not my childhood bedroom... when I told Grant! Weeks 6, 7, and 8 were the worst.  I kept thinking Ranie would figure something out.  But a few sour patch kids kept the nausea away and thankfully summer vacation finally arrived! Other than exhaustion and some headaches, no major complaints.  Checking in with the allergist and cardiologist just like last time. The biggest issue continues to be carefully watching my POTS to make sure everything stays stable!

Food in general hasn't been that appealing.  But I've been having the same cravings as with Marley..sweets and carbs: bagels and cream cheese, cinnamon rolls, soft pretzels, sourdough bread, cinnamon chex cereal, homemade its-its!  Although being able to eat pickles this pregnancy has been a pretty thrilling experience.

Last pregnancy, Grant and I spent the first trimester watching Family Ties.  This time we passed the time watching Suits!

We keep telling Marley that Mommy has a baby in her tummy.  The first time I told her she started laughing.  She loves her dolls very much and has even tried to feed Mango with her play bottles.  She's only seen one baby in real life and was fascinated with her! Hoping all the warm and fuzzy feelings continue.  We know she's going to be the best big sister!

12 weeks down, 28 to go!

Next up...gender ultrasound! No strong feelings either way on my end but Grant is sure we're having a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...