December 13, 2015

baby griki 2 update: weeks 30, 31, 32, 33





Week 30 was a busy, busy week.  Marley's second birthday party was Saturday.  She had the best time running around with all of her playgroup friends and licking all the frosting off her pumpkin muffin.  The next day Caroline and Mom threw me a wonderful baby shower! On Thursday Marley turned TWO! And started preschool! We can't believe how quickly the past two years have gone by.  Overall I felt pretty well!

Week 31 was Thanksgiving Break! We started off the weekend with maternity photos.  Marley had nightmares Saturday night since her father and uncle decided she should watch The Little Mermaid right before bed!  So we were all tired Sunday and feeling a little out of sorts.  Monday Marley had her two year old check up! Can't believe how much she is grown.  Afterwards, Grant went into work and Marley and I met Grandma for sushi.  Daddy and Grandpa hung the Christmas lights outside since it is now fully acceptable to publicly be celebrating the Christmas season.  Thanksgiving was nice a low key.  We spent the day at home watching the parade and playing as a family.  After nap time we headed over to my parents' house for a delicious meal!

Week 32 a harsh slice of reality after being off for a week.  We kicked it off with our TEN year high school reunion! I thought I would feel older. Or something life altering would happen.  Instead we had fun seeing a bunch of familiar faces and catching up with people in person instead of just via facebook.  Marley missed the memo that we would be out late that night so she was up bright and early at 5:45... Ranie was in Morocco for the week so work went by slower than usual.  I find myself thinking through each trip out of my room.  Do I really have to go check my mailbox? Am I going to have to leave my room later? With lots of bathroom trips thrown in of course.  Grant was swamped with work so Marley took lots of long baths and then we snuggled up to watch Mickey's Christmas Sing Along nightly.  Exhaustion is still the most overwhelming daily symptom.  Each night I'm battling POTS symptoms; but overall we're managing pretty well.

Week 33 kicked off with Marley's first preschool cold.  She was tired and rundown; but still had enough energy to put together the swing for baby brother.  We put her dolly in it right away so she would know what it was for.  She's been putting her blanket on dolly's lap and rocking dolly in it daily ever since.  We know she's going to be the best big sister! We has another doctor's appointment.  Baby is doing great...doctor thinks it's unlikely I'm going to get to work as long as I want to.  Thursday night we went to Marley's first Winter Sing event! She loved watching the big kids sing and I know she'll have so much fun participating next year.  This was the first week where I felt REALLY pregnant.  So uncomfortable, so much pressure. I want him to cook as long as he needs to...but I'm ready to have my body back.  The tachycardia is out of control. By the evening, my chest hurts from my heart working so hard.  Trying to sit as much as possible to keep the dizziness away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...