January 7, 2016

baby griki 2 update: weeks 34, 35, 36, 37





Week 34 was a busy and long week.  Scott and Lindsay came to visit with baby Hudson.  Marley was in love! Then we celebrated my mom's birthday with brunch at our house.  Marley got her first candy cane when we picked out my parent's tree at Bob's.  I struggled through the last week of work before break.  The kids were antsy and so was I!  I saw my cardiologist for only the second time during this pregnancy--major accomplishment! With Marley, I was seeing him every two weeks starting my third trimester.  We continue to be so thankful that we have a better understanding of POTS this time around and how to manage.  My cardiologist is pleased with how things are going, reminded me of all the tips and tricks I can try, and told me to let him know when I'm in labor.  Praying that things continue to stay manageable and that baby keeps cooking!

Week 35 was the toughest week yet.  At the start of the week, baby dropped! I began to feel extremely uncomfortable with regular braxton hicks contractions.  It was a stressful few days until our ultrasound to check his position.  As we expected, he had dropped and was head down.  With no other signs of preterm labor, and no plans to leave town, my doctor wasn't too concerned. With some relief from the appointment, I was able to enjoy our 4 year wedding anniversary and all the Christmas festivities.  In maternity leggings of course. It was so special to watch Marley enjoy all the magic of Christmas.  We sang Christmas carols, baked Christmas cookies, saw the Christmas pageant, and watched a lot of Christmas movies.  I have no doubt that by next year she will be helping me get out the decorations in early November.

Week 36 was a much calmer week.  With Christmas over, it was time to nest! Grant and my dad added a bunch of storage to the garage and we made several trips to goodwill.  The Christmas decorations were put away, and we finished the nursery! Insomnia was out in full force and I knew the nesting had settled in when it was 11:30pm and I was scrubbing the infant car seat clean. And then I took a shower.  And then I tried to fall asleep.  Marley is handling all the baby equipment like a champ.  With her new bitty baby as the tester, we've been trying out all the baby equipment and Marley loves being helpful! We know she is going to be a great big sister!

Week 37 meant the end of break.  We soaked up the last weekend of laziness.  Mom and I made a massive Sam's Club run to fill my freezer before baby gets here.  It was a little too much walking for me because I had crazy, inconsistent contractions all night.  Mentally I tried to prepare myself for the final push through work.  Just 14 days with students plus one work day until maternity leave!  It was nice to be back at work and feel like progress was being made.  Still cramping and contractions, but nothing consistent.  Halfway through the week the swelling began.  Thankfully, I'm sleeping better because work is wearing me out! Marley and I have been enjoying movies and snuggles in the afternoons.

Can't wait for baby to be here! We want him to cook as long as possible; but I can't wait to see what he looks like and get to know his personality! Trying to savor all the kicks, rolls, and kicks in the ribs. Hard to believe I only have a few weeks (at most) left before our family is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...