January 22, 2017

Clark is TWELVE Months Old!

Clark is TWELVE Months Old!

 
How old are you?
Twelve months old (but wearing 18-2T month clothes!)

Do you have any nicknames?
Clarky, Baby Clark

What makes you happy?
Baths, music, food, soft blankies, Marley, Mommy, Daddy, GaGas

What makes you sad?
Getting out of the bath, not getting what I want, when Marley is too rough with me

What is your favorite animal?
Kato and Mango! I love them so much. And they love my snacks so much! (Shhh...don't tell GaGa!)

What is your favorite thing to eat?
Smoothies with everything and anything in them. Mom says I'm a great eater.  I love veggies (green peas are my favorite!) and chicken.  I'm pretty much willing to try anything but will shake by head (No!) if I don't want anymore.

What is your favorite thing to do?
Explore EVERYTHING. Mom just bought this horrible new gate to keep me out of the back half of the house. Something about how I'm always trying to get into the nightstands and the bathtub.

What is your favorite song?
Any songs are my favorite songs. I love dancing and as soon as any song comes on or someone starts singing, my hips start shaking.

What is your favorite TV show?
I am not interested in TV. Mom isn't too thrilled about this--something about needing 5 minutes to herself.  But occasionally I enjoy an episode of Clifford.

What are you really good at?
Walking. I love walking everywhere--very little crawling for me these days. I especially love walking when I can carry something around with me.

What is your favorite movie?
Again, not interested in movies at all. But anything with music is at the top of my list.

What is your favorite color?
Blue. Are stripes a color? Because Mom seems to think they are...

Who is your best friend?
Early on this month I was all about Mommy--probably because she was home for Winter Break.  But lately I just keep saying DaDa and reaching for him.

What do you and mom do together?
We play trains, have bath time and drive my remote control car.

What do you and dad do together?
We play soccer, wrestle, and snuggle together before bed.

What is your favorite sport?
Basketball.  This month I've learned how to bounce a ball.  Now I see why Marley thinks it is so fun!

Where is your favorite place to go?
Mom and Dad's room--remember the gate.  I love to open the drawers and doors on their nightstands to see what remotes I can find.

What is your favorite book?
The Paw Patrol books. I'm always picking them up and bringing them to Momma to read.

What do you think about before you fall asleep?
My cough! Having a cough on my first birthday is no fun!

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A race car driver.  Driving my remote control car is one of my favorite things to do.  My turning is still hit or miss but I love making the car zoom as fast as it can down our long hallway.

 

How is Clark already ONE??? He brings so much joy to our lives! He is so loving, patient (most of the times) and easy going.  He loves to snuggle and blow kisses. He's all boy--everything is cars, trains, and helicopters.  But he did get a dolly for his birthday that he's already been nurturing.  He loves his big sister so much and she's obsessed with him (as long as he isn't all up in her space when she's eating or playing with a special toy).  He's sleeping through the night unless he's going through a growth spurt or fighting a cold and he's starting to transition to one nap a day.  He's a great eater and wants everything that we're eating.  He's just starting to sit in his chair at the coffee table with Marley for snacks and they both think that's pretty special.  His personality continues to shine through more and more.  He's finding his voice in a family of leaders and isn't afraid to share his opinion.  We are so proud of the little boy you've become Clark, and can't wait to see what's next! We love you so much Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...